The groundwork has already been laid. Reduce your custom theming time by using a Drupal-specific front-end framework with a powerful layout engine and sensible generic style defaults.
Use the starter theme as is, as a theme with simplistic/minimalistic design, or as a base theme for faster theme development.
Here are the key features of Groundwork 2.x:
- HTML 5
- Web accessibility optimized with ARIA roles
- Bulletproof flexible grid system with 24 columns (units) as default.
- Typography using modular scale.
- True semantic markup with separation of style with content.
- Comes with its own special font «Noceda Font Pro», a light, elegant and open sans-serif font built in with 304 Gwikons (Groundwork icons)
- 17 regions with a special «Aside» region visible only in nodes.
- Optimized typography for all standard elements
- Supports both sidebars.
- Powerful layout engine provides unlimited layout possibilities
- Collection of preset CSS classes, mixins and style bundles.
- Sexy configurable buttons
- HTML5 polyfill to support older browsers
- An empty starter stylesheet
- and many more.
Table of Contents
- Getting started
- Gwikons (Icons)
Inspiration & credits
Groundwork created and maintained by John Noceda.
Special thanks to all the popular CSS, LESS, SCSS frameworks and boilerplates out there for the inspiration and great ideas
Groundwork Front-End Framework Licenses
Documentation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Theme powered by Groundwork Front-end Framework for Drupal